[Bioperl-l] 0.9 testing series --- Volunteers

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 18:49:13 +0000 (GMT)

The exception bug to me pointed out that we are going to need a complete
testing of the bioperl main trunk at a number of sites before branching.

Can I get a call for volunteers for "big system" testing. I will volunteer
myself for "Ensembl @ Hinxton" testing.

I would like to volunteer ;)

   - myself for testing Ensembl @ Sanger
   - Elia and co for "Ensembl testing @ Singapore"
   - David Block and Hilmar for "testing vs GenQuire and friends"
   - Heikki for testing at EBI
   - Jason - can we get your old group at Duke involved?

 - Anyone else? What I want to get are large code bases with reasonably
well defined behaviour working off 0.9 in a test (**not** production)
environment so we can see what bugs come out.

I suspect we have 10 or 20 latent bugs that effect these sorts of systems
due to the changes being rolled in which -- we want to spot them before we
call this 1.0.

For *everyone* with bioperl-live check-out ---- please cvs update and
test. At the moment things are failing due to

  (a) this exception catching bug (about 4 tests)

  (b) there is alot of noise as jason reworks the SearchIO system (which
it is really in need of)

I am hoping that past 0.9.3 we will be working towards all-tests-pass on
the main trunk again.

ewan