[Bioperl-l] what format is this and how I can use AlignIO

Guoneng Zhong Guoneng.Zhong@med.nyu.edu
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:18:20 -0500

--Apple-Mail-1--142521117

Hi,

Sorry for the ignorance on this matter.  I am trying to use the output
of this standalone program called sim4 to create some sort of Alignment
object.  The output looks like the following.  I thought perhaps BioPerl
can give me an object that tells me exactly which nucleotide matches
with which across the two aligned strands (that's what AlignIO does,
right?).

seq1 = sim4seq4HyyX8K.seq, 2460 bp
seq2 = sim4seqOD34cJI.seq ((no header)), 876 bp

(complement)

       0     .    :    .    :    .    :    .    :    .    :
    1567 TGACAAGAGCACTGGCAAGGAGAACAAAATCACTATCACTAATGATAAGG
         ||||||||||||||||| |||||-|| ||||||||||  |   |  | |
       1 TGACAAGAGCACTGGCATGGAGA CAnAATCACTATCmcTanyGayAmGs

      50     .    :    .    :    .    :    .    :    .    :
    1617 GTCGTCTCAGCAAGGAGGACATTGAGCGCATGGTGCAGGAAGCTGAGAAG
      50 GtCGTCTCAGCAAGGAGGACATTGAGCGCATGGTGCAGGAAGCTGAGAAG

    1667 TACAAGGCTGAGGATGATGTGCAGCGTGACAAGGTTTCTGCCAAGAACGG
     100 TACAAGGCTGAGGATGATGTGCAGCGTGACAAGGTTTCTGCCAAGAACGG

Any help?

Thanks,

[...]

G</fontfamily></fixed>
--Apple-Mail-1--142521117--