[Bioperl-l] Homologene parser...

Andrew Macgregor andrew@anatomy.otago.ac.nz
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:12:56 +1300

Heikki Lehvaslaiho wrote:

>Have a look at Bio::SeqIO/* parsers. They have  a read_seq() method. The
>code below would go in there (grammar into the BEGIN block?) and instead of
>printing values out, the code should create relevant objects (In case of
>homologene, you'd have to write them first.).
>
>I am not quite sure how the flow of code fits into that model, but revision
>is being considered right now, so this came at the right time.

Hi Heikki,

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. I'll take a look at
Bio::SeqIO/* etc and see if I can work out where I can go with this.

Cheers, Andrew.

Andrew Macgregor
Bioinformatics Programmer & Database Administrator
Molecular Embryology Group
Department of Anatomy & Structural Biology
University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
andrew.macgregor@stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Telephone: +64 3 479 7873
http://anatomy.otago.ac.nz/meg