[Bioperl-l] problems with perling Makefile.PL

kristen briggs kristen.briggs@genxy.com
Fri, 08 Feb 2002 16:33:10 -0800

--------------F85018C86DEC295AAAD8202B

Hello,

I'm a beginning programmer and I'm having trouble perling the
Makefile.pl.  I downloaded the binary bioperl-0.7.2.tar.gz for solaris
to my pc, extracted the files, and moved the files over to my unix
account.

I then typed perl Makefile.PL and got the following message:

"Illegal character \015 (carriage return) at Makefile.PL line 5. (Maybe
you didn't strip carriage returns after a network transfer?)"

Please advise me as to how to fix the Makefile.PL.  I have no idea how
to strip the carriage returns after a network transfer or that I even
needed to strip carriage returns.

I will be eternally grateful,

Kris Briggs

--------------F85018C86DEC295AAAD8202B