[Bioperl-l] Windows Testing

Paul Boutros pcboutro@engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:05:00 -0500 (EST)

> > I looked into the point made by Pierre Far about the current Windows ppm
> > install routine not working with PERL 5.8.0.  I updated the text below to
> > take that into account.
> >

> Note that the way it was setup works for perl 5.6.1 and PPM - the only
> windows setup I had access to.  So I'm not sure the suggestion about the
> adding the architecture is exactly right.  It would require adding a
> second entry to the ppm file I believe.  I can't really help test this
> stuff so I've no idea what is the right way with different mixing and
> matching of windows and active state versions.

Right, that's what I found.  Rather than changing the PERL build type line
of the .ppd file, as Pierre had suggested, you could just use the newer
version of ActiveState's ppm manager (ppm3) with the appropriate syntax.

I believe that means you don't have to worry about modifying the .ppd file
beyond changing the source-code and release name.

Paul