[Bioperl-l] Bioperl Makefile.PL and testing

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:20:30 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Chad Matsalla wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> When Makefile.PL went from version 1.48 to 1.49 on 20021214 (Hi Ewan!)
> the ability to run tests like this: make test_<test_name> went away. I
> know what changed, but before I 'fix' this, I have two questions:
>
> 1. Is there a reason that should go away?

It may over-run the Makefile syntax. Now I think I ahve solved the syntax
issues (at least, it is working for me now) I think we put it back in.

> 2. Can it stay? It is one of the most useful things around.

I guess so. Needs testing with the large number of modules. Would you like
to put in back and commit?