[Bioperl-l] installing Bio::DB::GFF

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:32:44 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Chester Langin wrote:

> Am using SuSE 7.1 and installing with CPAN.
>
> Have completely installed Bundle::BioPerl,
> which, BTW, does not inlcude bioperl 1.0.2.

By design.

Just force install, XEMBL and EBI DB server seems to be down.

The warnings about not having programs installed are because, you don't
have those programs installed.  These aren't necessary and it should fail
gracefuly by skipping the tests.  Future releases separate the application
running portions into a different package so you won't be bothered by
this.

> Was installing GMOD, which said that I needed
> Bio::DB::GFF.
>
> Instructed CPAN to install Bio::DB::GFF and it
> attempted to install bioperl-1.0.2, which gave
> these errors on testing...

Bio::DB::GFF is part of bioperl-1.0.2