[Bioperl-l] desc/description

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:37:13 -0800

On Tuesday, December 17, 2002, at 05:07 AM, Jason Stajich wrote:

> I would also like to see us support description() as an alias of desc()
> (and corresponding init tags) in the Bio::PrimarySeqI interface
> as well.

We do on the implementation (Bio::PrimarySeq). The reason we don't on
the interface is that we separated Bio::DescribableI and
Bio::PrimarySeqI (Bio::PrimarySeq implementes both). description() is a
DescribableI method. We could remove desc() from PrimarySeqI altogether
and phase it out over the long run ...

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org