[Bioperl-l] changes in standaloneblast

Phillip Lord p.lord@russet.org.uk
16 Dec 2002 14:38:54 +0000

I've just updated by code base to use the bioperl-run version of
StandAloneBlast (rather than the version which used to be in
bioperl-live). It seems to be working differently now, which is
breaking by code.

The blastall function is documented to return....

 Returns :  Reference to a Blast object or BPlite object
           containing the blast report.

My code ....

 my @params = ('program'  => 'blastp',
             'database' => 'swissprot')
    ;

  my $factory = Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlast->new(@params);
  ## set the expectation
  $factory->e( 100 );

  my @seqs;
  push @seqs, $seq;
  return $factory->blastall( @seqs );

used to return a BPLite object at this point

(I call $blast_report->nextSbjct ...on the returned object). This now
fails, because it seems to be returning instead a

Bio::SearchIO::blast

object, which doesn't have the same methods in it.

Can anyone tell me how to get the BPLite object back?

Cheers

Phil