[Bioperl-l] a littlet bit inconsistency in Bio::SeqFeature::Generic

Xiao Juguang juguang@fugu-sg.org
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 01:39:05 +0800

Hi all,

As a very beginner of bioperl, my mind is fixed on the rule that if there is a key in the hash of 'new' method of a bioperl object, then there is, generally, a getter/setter method for this field with the same name as the key name without prefix '-', as well, the key for the internal hash is named from this getter/setter method name with the prefix '_'

However, 2 guys in Bio::SeqFeature::Generic do not follow it. There are 'primary' and 'source'. Their getter/setter name are 'primary_tag' and 'source_tag' respectively. Same names as their siblings from Bio::EnsEMBL::SeqFeature. So I suspected they're written by ensembl guys. ;)

Should we make them consistent, with a second effort? :)

Juguang.