[Bioperl-l] could not load phrap error

Robson Francisco de Souza rfsouza@citri.iq.usp.br
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 22:57:21 -0200 (BRST)

	Hi,

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, eicke felipe wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>   I installed the bioperl-1.0.2 to compile some perl
> codes but when I tried to compile the following error
> appear:

	I thought Bio::Assembly::IO was only available through the CVS
repository...?

> Bio::Assembly::IO: could not load phrap - for more
> details on supported formats please see the
> Assembly::IO docs
> Exception Can't locate object method "_load_module"
> via package "Bio::Assembly::IO" at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Bio/Assembly/IO.pm
> line 167.

	I still haven't tried perl 5.8.0, but this error seems to be
caused by not loading Bio::Root::Root, where _load_module() is defined. I
think this may be a problem with your @INC variable... can you send a
sample of the code you where trying to compile? Having some code to
look at will make it easier to help you. You could also send me the output
of

	perl -pe 'print join("\n",@INC),"\n"'

and check if you have the module Bio::Root::Root in one of the
directories in @INC.

> Could anybody help me?
> Thanks, Eicke.

	Today my machine is down, but maybe tomorrow I may upgrade to
5.8.0 and test Bio::Assembly::IO.

				Robson