[Bioperl-l] bug in location->to_FTstring

Philip Lijnzaad p.lijnzaad@med.uu.nl
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 11:16:24 +0100

On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 12:38:38 -0800,
"Hilmar" == Hilmar Lapp <hlapp@gnf.org> wrote:

Hilmar> The strand bug should be fixed on the main trunk (and hence the
Hilmar> upcoming 1.2)

Later on I actually noticed that Bio/Location/Split.pm contains this:

  sub to_FTstring {
      my ($self) = @_;
      my @strs;
      my $str = sprintf("%s(%s)",lc $self->splittype, join(",", @strs));
  # for bug #1074 -- still investigating if this is ever needed
  # --jason
  #   if( $self->strand == -1 ) {
  #       $str = sprintf("complement(%s)",$str);
  #   }
  #   return $str;
  }

I didn't quite understand the problem that was solved by Jason's
outcommenting, but it does look weird, and I got rid of it. Things seem
towork now. Sorry for not consulting the bugzilla first.

Hilmar> As for flattening, call $splitloc->each_Location() (this does NOT
Hilmar> return the 'top' location object though).

mmm ... this doesn't appear to be part of BioPerl 1.0.2. Is it on CVS trunk
or branch? Cheers,

                                                                      Philip
--
Philip Lijnzaad