[Bioperl-l] parsing 'parsed blast data'

Charles Hauser chauser@duke.edu
02 Dec 2002 12:24:35 -0500

All,

I have a lot of parsed tab-delimited blast data from which I would like
to extract 'accession' and 'description' from the 'subj_name' field ala
$hit->accession(), $hit->description.  The data were generated from
blastx vs nr.

It would be really nice if I could trick Bio:SearchIO into thinking this
was a blast report and extract the data that way - possible?

Sample data field:

pir||T43266 DNA-directed DNA polymerase (EC 2.7.7.7) delta chain -
fission yeast (Schizosaccharomyces pombe) gb|AAA35303.1| (L07734) DNA
polymerase delta [Schizosaccharomyces pombe]

Charles