[Bioperl-l] Tag handling on SeqFeature::Generic

Marco Aurelio Valtas Cunha mavcunha@gordon.fmrp.usp.br
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:01:19 -0300

I've got this message stuck on moderator approval cause the attachment,
so here is without the attachment, maybe later the other gets in.

Hi Hilmar,

I avoid post scripts to not load you guys, cause I know that everybody
is working and when there's a time you respond to the list.

Probably you won't be able to run this script cause will be missing some
files, but in short what I try to do is:

Data: A megablast result (Human NT contigs vs 900K ESTS) and a DB::GFF
(human mapview information from NCBI)

First problem is that GFF format is not a hierarchical format, so if I
blasted with NT then I need retrieve the position of the NT on the
Chromosome so I can discover the position of my ESTs on the chromosome.

Then I parse the megablast using Bonnie module MBPlite.pm, with DB::GFF
( and a help from Lincoln Stein) I convert blast coordenates to absolute
coordenates so I can save the GFF file with the right information, and
this file will be uploaded to my MySQL (DB::GFF) database.

To do all I use Bioperl, but I'm little experienced on Bioperl so
sometimes I choose not the best way to solve my problems.

Marco.

Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> [...]
instance of Bio::Tools::GFF to do the job. So there's really no
difference between the output.

 > Bio::Tools::GFF is indeed badly named -- it should be in a
Bio::SeqFeatureIO directory to be consistent with Bioperl's other IO
module layouts.

 > Marco, if you want comments on how you accomplished the job in your
script you should post the script, or its relevant parts.

 > 	-hilmar

# Atenção meu email mudou para  mavcunha@bit.fmrp.usp.br     #
# Veja porque http://scarecrow.fmrp.usp.br/~mavcunha/public  #
# Attention my email changed to mavcunha@bit.fmrp.usp.br     #