[Bioperl-l] scripts/ and examples/ are merged

Brian Osborne brian_osborne@cognia.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:36:04 -0400

Lincoln,

About a week ago I wrote to this group describing my proposal of merging
these 2 directories and asked for feedback, and I didn't receive any. No
feedback is not a problem but naturally I had to assume that it meant no
objection either, so I went ahead.

Personally I look at these scripts as ways to learn Bioperl, and it's clear
that there's a full spectrum of scripts in scripts/, from minimal to fully
POD-ed and industrial strength. Those little ones could be as useful as the
big ones for purposes of example. But, of course, if there's low-quality
work it's of little utility, I'd suggest just taking them out, I can't see
maintaining a directory of "examples" that we don't think are well-done when
so much care goes into the modules themselves.

Brian O.