FW: [Bioperl-l] Bio::SeqIO::fasta.pm

Wiepert, Mathieu Wiepert.Mathieu@mayo.edu
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:27:19 -0500

I was just testing something out, and it was accepting a blank in the header.  If I actually wanted raw sequence, you are correct of course.

I found an old thread that made me think a > with a space or nothing after it was valid, which was why I asked.  I hadn't found anything recent, though I could have missed it.  The thread never said what was the agreed upon standard?

http://bioperl.org/pipermail/bioperl-guts-l/1999-November/001311.html

Mathieu Wiepert
Medical Information Resources
Mayo Foundation