[Bioperl-l] Indexing qual files, Return of The Indexers

Hilmar Lapp lapp@gnf.org
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 09:19:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Andy Nunberg wrote:

[...]
> Through all of this I noticed that write_seq method is not consistent among
> the different
> formats in SeqIO.
> For example for fasta its write_seq($seqobj) or write_seq(@seqobj)
> while for qual its write_seq(-source=>$seqobj)
>
> This just may be a legacy issue..

Quoted from Bio::SeqIO:

       $seqIO->write_seq($sequence [,$another_sequence,...])

       Write the specified sequence(s) to the stream.

So, every implementation which doesn't understand write_seq(@seqobjs) has
a bug by definition. If you've found any implementations which only take a
single sequence, or that do not take an unnamed parameter, please report
(ideally to the bug submission system on the website).

	-hilmar