[Bioperl-l] release numbers

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:08:39 +0800 (SGT)

> This was sort of a - no one else is making a decision - so make a decision
> and see who screams....

Sure no worries, I just feel frustrated sometimes that a)time zones exist
or b)that we need sleep as part of our lives... :)

> I'd really prefer it if the go-to person on a project would be in charge
> of pkging up their releases as I will, in the not-too-distant,
> future not be able to spend so much time tweaking version numbers and tags
> for a release.  The more people who know how to do it, the better.

Sure we can definitely do it on our side for bioperl-pipeline and
bioperl-run, no problem at all, generally happy to be responsible for
those two projects, their releases, docs, fixes, documentations,etc.

> I have no idea what version to tag bioperl-db with (we did a 0.1 a while
> ago) but it should probably be done with a bioperl-schema number embedded
> as ensembl does.  Someone else will have to make the decisions here on
> what the naming scheme and release schedule is.  Unfortunately since
> bioperl-pipeline depends on it, it will hold up its release.

Sorry not sure why you are worried about this, why should the pipeline
hold up its release? We are all thumbs up on the pipeline.

> I'd prefer bioperl-run to be numbered 1.1, if we're going to make it

Ok, for bioperl-run it makes sense I agree.

Also, if it makes things easier we can move the sql file for the pipeline
out of biosql and keep it within the project to eliminate one
dependency. I had put it there because I thought if at some point one
wanted a java implementation of the pipeline they could rely on the same
schema.

Elia

* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *
* tel:    +65 6874 1467        *