[Bioperl-l] *major* error in genbank parser or am i just insane?

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 17:20:15 -0700

[...]
> I do prefer chris' semantics to having to hold onto the
> difference between
> a parent complement and a child complement - ie, I think we should
> implicitly only allow the complement to happen on simple sequence
> locations and never splits, and genbank with an outer complement is an
> implicit distributive complement and reverse of its components.

OK. So this is a vote for sublocs on strand -1 and splitloc strandless, right?

Even though this differs from the present implementation, I actually think too this is saner. So my vote goes here too. Jason? (I know we decided otherwise in Canada :o)

	-hilmar