[Bioperl-l] generic sequence factory in SeqIO

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:42:58 +0100 (BST)

Sounds great Jason. I find the Bio::Seq::SeqBuilder->new( -type => $type)
a little confusing at first, but I guess it makes sense - The
Bio::Seq::SeqBuilder is the generic "perl in memory" system whereas a
truly funk Bio::SeqAsQuBits::Factory would just inheriet off
Bio::Seq::SeqBuilderI right?

How does the embl/genbank parser know "when" they can do
$seqobject->division() sets or does everything have to go into the factory
method? Or this is waiting for the new event throwing system?

One drawback of going to events is that I bet it ups the complexity in
understanding the SeqIO system. This is something we need to watch in the
docs etc...

e.

<birney@ebi.ac.uk>.