[Bioperl-l] Unigene proposal and basic implementation

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:10:50 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Lincoln Stein wrote:

> It's not as bad as it looks.  The I -> Interface change doesn't affect any
> user code at all -- just internal bioperl modules.  A find2pl script will fix
> it in one line, and we can create empty stub packages around to act as
> forwarding addresses:
>
> 	package Bio::SeqI;
> 	use Bio::Seq::Interface;
> 	1;

True... sigh... but it is churn and we have to explain to everyone what is
going on.

Can we sleep on this for a bit.

And are you volunteering to code this Lincoln and sort out everything?