[Bioperl-l] Unigene proposal and basic implementation

andrew@anatomy.otago.ac.nz andrew@anatomy.otago.ac.nz
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 21:08:40 +1200

Hi Ewan,

>I certainly prefer this to the straightforward Unigene one. Let's do it
>this way.

Sounds good.

>What the difference between Bio::Cluster::UniGene and
>
>Bio::Cluster::UniGene::unigene.pm?

I've modeled this on SeqIO and SeqIO/fasta.pm. So I''ve made the
Bio::Cluster::UniGene::unigene.pm the format module for
Bio::Cluster::UniGene.pm.

I thought this might be a good way to go because there are a few other files
that Unigene has on offer that I'll look into in due course, that may require
different format modules. This will  need me to tidy it up a bit. I'll do the
same sort of format guessing thing that I think SeqIO does.

- Andrew.