[Bioperl-l] Re: [PBS-USERS] openPBS configuration (fwd)

Catherine Letondal letondal@pasteur.fr
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 20:15:04 +0200

Michele Clamp wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Elia Stupka wrote:
>
> >Hello folks,
> >
> >I am pretty disappointed. Thought that PBS would be a nice free
> >alternative to LSF for those who don't want to spend on LSF, but from the
> >e-mail below on the PBS-users list it is absolutely obvious that their
> >strategy is that PBSpro (read paid software) will be reliable, robust and
> >scalable, while the free counterpart will be left unscalable and buggy...

We have been running Pise interfaces with OpenPBS for several months
without any problems (thanks to Nicolas Joly work on this part of Pise).

It's true that there are some missing features, such as moving a job from
one queue (or host? I'm not sure) to another, as well as "interactive"
behaviour that was provided by LSF (meaning your submission does not return
until the program has completed), but it works very well for many submissions
each day.

--
Catherine Letondal -- Pasteur Institute Computing Center