[Bioperl-l] no way to get protein/cDNA from species name?

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:29:05 -0400

The Boulder project is defunct in the sense that I'm no longer supporting it,
but the source code is still available (and will always be available).  You
can find it on CPAN, as well as at http://stein.cshl.org/software/boulder/.

The philosophy of Boulder is very different from Bioperl.  It's basically a
hierarchical tag-value system in which each of the tags is an accessor
method.  A small number of parsers were written to put biological file
formats into Boulder format, but it is nothing compared to the huge number of
parsers in Bioperl.

If someone wants to fold Boulder into Bioperl in some way, I will
offer hints and advice.

Lincoln