[Bioperl-l] Referencing BioPerl

Peter Kos kos@rite.or.jp" <kos@rite.or.jp
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:01:27 +0900

Hi,

Thanks for the fast answers.
I agree with your opinion about the preferential kind of referencing.
However, my opinion is of inferior importance as compared to the one
of the editorial boards of journals. Luckily, they tend to
accommodate.
My primary problems with the paper-publication and paper-reference
are that they are sometimes not easily accessible and anyway, they
become the property of the publisher with respect to copyrights and
stuff like that.
On the other hand, once something gets printed on the certain page of
the given issue of a given journal, then it is there for the next
hundreds of years no matter how many libraries get Boeing-attacks.
Which is not always true with URLs (as "dynamic source") which
eventually change domain names, can be hacked and defaced, or the
maintenance fund may be discontinued, etc.
As the movie did not cease the  theatre and the DVD did not put a
stop to the movie, the printed literature also has its future.

Regards
Peter