[Bioperl-l] 0.9.1 release & BSML

Charles Tilford charles.tilford@bms.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:07:47 -0400

Jason Eric Stajich wrote:

> Can people report in on what code they have in progress - I'll outline
> some of the major components that would be good to get into a dev release
> for extensive testing.  Some of these may need to wait until 0.9.2 which
> should go out at the end of October if we have enough new code.

I have a functional version of SeqIO::bsml.pm ready - it accommodates
conversion between Seq objects and BSML XML files. Nathan will get the
BMS disclosure paperwork together soon.

I still need to verify that SeqIO->BSML->SeqIO->BSML sort of
conversions are as well behaved and symmetrically mapped as possible,
but that should just take a day or two.

I'll add the file to CVS when the paperwork is done, unless told to
submit it in some other fashion...

-Charles

--
Charles Tilford, Bioinformatics-Applied Genomics
Bristol-Myers Squibb PRI, Hopewell 3A039