[Bioperl-l] Problems with bioperl-db

Elia Stupka elia@ebi.ac.uk
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 19:36:01 +0100 (BST)

> Is it possible that these problems arise because I have 0.9.0 release
> installed instead of the most current one from CVS?

Yes, I have the main trunk of bioperl and bioperl-db and all tests are
fine.

However you also have another problem:

> t/ePCRdb............ok 1/3Can't locate object method "new" via package "Bio:
> :DB::SQL::DBAdaptor" at t/DBTestHarness.pm line 225.

This one is because you have not setup your DBHarness.marker.conf
properly, check it, it should point to the correct adaptor (the one in
Bio::DB::Map::SQL) and it should pick up the correct sql file
(marker-bla-bla.sql)

> t/ensembl...........ok 4/14Can't locate object method "is_remote" via
> package "Bio::Location::Simple" at blib/lib/Bio/DB/SQL/SeqLocationAdaptor.
> pm line 212, <GEN0> line 3931.

This is because you don't have the main trunk.

All others are repetitions of these two, so you are down to two errors,
one because of main trunk, one because of the conf file.

Elia

* http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~elia *
* tel:    +44 1223 49 44 31  *
* mobile: +44 7971 59 03 69  *