[Bioperl-l] bioperl-db bugs

Jason Eric Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:39:34 -0400 (EDT)

Markerdb is very much in flux because of the new schema Lincoln, Heikki,
and I have worked on.  The old objects are not being updated because we
are trying to decide how to build the mapping to bioperl objects -
bioperl-db will just be the bridge between the db schema and bioperl.  If
someone else is interested in marker and map dbs feel free to speak up, I
haven't had enough time to really clean things out.

All of these changes have no effect on the Sequence database (Seqdb)
modules - we just decided to cram everything related to a relationaldb in
one cvs module.  There is a stable tagged version of the working markerdb
but I don't know that it would be useful to anyone esp if we plan to
migrate to the new schema that is in the repository.  So options are to
continue to leave the HEAD broken and comment out the tests or try and
micro-fix things that are probably going to change soon.

-jason