[Bioperl-l] Getting subject length with BPlite

Jason Eric Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:40:49 -0400 (EDT)

I assume you mean you want the length of the entire subject rather than
just the length of the part that that is considered part of the HSP.

Cheating way:
while( my $sbjct = $report->nextSbjct ) {
	print "subject len is ", $sbjct->{LENGTH}, "\n";
}

This is cheating because it is BAD Object Oriented code, but it will work
for you, but no guarantees about future versions.  Instead we should
transition to having a function called length for the BPlite::Sbjct
object... but we don't (yet).

Could be done quickly though if someone in bioperl wants to jump on it.

-jason