[Bioperl-l] Re: Bioperl tree class

Jason Eric Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:48:23 -0400 (EDT)

We do have a PHYLIP reading/writing object -
Bio::AlignIO::phylip

and I actually just used it yesterday for some things and I'm not sure it
is 100% up to all the standards, but definitely a great start if you find
and problems with it please help by fixing or posting files that cause
problems so we can design more tests.

I have just jumped into phylogenetics in school and realize that our nexus
writer/reader could be a little more PAUP friendly - hope to add that
soon.  Would be nice to make sure everything else plays with other apps
nicely.

-jason