[Bioperl-l] With regard to Bsml and Agave modules...

Jean-Jack M. Riethoven pow@ebi.ac.uk
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:21:30 +0100

Dear group,

I read with interest some weeks ago the announcement on the work that is
been done on the SeqIO AGAVE and Bsml XML modules for BioPerl. At that time
I didn't think it was opportune to bud in, but nowadays things have been
tested thouroughly here so here is my announcement as well:

The EBI has in the XEMBL project made available to the public a tool that
can be used to retrieve EMBL nucleotide sequence information (+full
annotations) in either Bsml or AGAVE format.

Sequences can be retrieved via the web form at http://www.ebi.ac.uk/xembl/,
or via the CGI script directly that is called on that page. XEMBL has also
been integrated in EBI's emblfetch service, and it is running as a SOAP
server as well. See detailed info at the above url.

XEMBL gets its information via CORBA from our replicated EMBL database
(updated twice a week from the production database).

The relevance of XEMBL to this group is that the output from XEMBL can be
used in conjunction with the BioPerl AGAVE and Bsml modules to extract and
post-process/analyse EMBL nucleotide sequence information in any way that
you see fit.

With kind regards,

--
drs. Jean-Jack M. Riethoven

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton           pow@ebi.ac.uk     ICQ#: 3433929
European Bioinformatics Institute   Phone: (+44) 1223 494635
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus        Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD         URL  : http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/
UNITED KINGDOM

Need to find bioinformatics or molecular biology web sites or resources?
Use BioWurld at http://www.ebi.ac.uk/biowurld