[Bioperl-l] Re: Comparative genomics - regions of synteny and whole genome duplication

Richard Copley copley@embl-heidelberg.de
Wed, 03 Oct 2001 15:35:25 +0200

>>From all the discussions we have been having until now it seems that it is
> not enough, i.e. blast hit with high perc_id != orthologue :)

But say you get 10 consecutive genes in genome A, which have high blast
scores to 10 consecutive genes in genome B, then I guess they would be
orthologues providing the 'high blast score' was high enough. Are there
adaptive reasons that would cause paralogues to cluster in that way in
vertebrates? I don't think so, but would welcome pointers to the contrary.

--
  Richard Copley
  EMBL