[Bioperl-l] blast database paths and Blast.pm parsing

Chervitz, Steve Steve_Chervitz@affymetrix.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:31:49 -0800

Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> Kim Brugger wrote:
> >

> > it seems like the BLASTDATADIR is only prefixed the first database. I am
> > currently using bioperl-0.7.2. If no one has fixed this where do I send
my
> > patch for this ?
>
> To this list. Ideally, you submit a bug report and include the fix
> in your report. (Even more ideally, you fix the bug yourself after
> you got a CVS write account, but that's probably not worth the
> little overhead if you're not going to fix lots of bugs...)
>

> > And while on the matter of blast, it seems that the Bio::Tool::Blast
> > module does not include all the used databases if the database name
string
> > spans more than one line.
> >

> You can submit a fix too, but note that Blast.pm is currently
> unmaintained.

The Blast.pm-related code is still being maintained, so it's still worth
submitting bug reports and fixes until the new replacement modules are in
place (which should be soon, on the main trunk). Keep those bug reports and
fix suggestions coming!

Steve