[Bioperl-l] blast database paths and Blast.pm parsing

Hilmar Lapp hilmarl@yahoo.com
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 00:21:23 -0800

Kim Brugger wrote:

> it seems like the BLASTDATADIR is only prefixed the first database. I am
> currently using bioperl-0.7.2. If no one has fixed this where do I send my
> patch for this ?

To this list. Ideally, you submit a bug report and include the fix
in your report. (Even more ideally, you fix the bug yourself after
you got a CVS write account, but that's probably not worth the
little overhead if you're not going to fix lots of bugs...)

> And while on the matter of blast, it seems that the Bio::Tool::Blast
> module does not include all the used databases if the database name string
> spans more than one line.

You can submit a fix too, but note that Blast.pm is currently
unmaintained.

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                              email: hilmarl@yahoo.com
San Diego, Ca. 92130                     phone: +1 858 812 1757