[Bioperl-l] Basic Questions

Amit Kaushik akaushik@expressindia.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:04:57 +0530

------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C16EA7.AC591E80

Hi All,

I am sorry to put these type of question in to this mailing list, but i =
couldn't find out my answer anywhere else, hope people subscribed to =
this list sill help me.

I am new to bioinformatics and don't know any biological terms but i =
have a good experience in computer programming.I really want to do =
something in to this field but cureently stuck that how should i start.

Somebody gave me an idea to buy "Developing Bioinformatics Computer =
Skills by Gibas and Jambeck".I did this and go through the whole book =
but din't find anything by which i really understand what's =
bioinformatics all about.

If there is only sequence searching then i think it's not a big job and =
many peoples have already made some good tools for that.

I can't understand where should i use our bioperl knowledge and which =
type of programs i can develope with the help of these programming =
languages.

Hope all the great mind are here and got my points.

Please help me and give show me a ray of light to help me out from this =
darkness.

thanks and regards,
Amit Kaushik

------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C16EA7.AC591E80

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hi All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am sorry to put these type of question in to this =
mailing=20
list, but i couldn't find out my answer anywhere else, hope people =
subscribed to=20
this list sill help me.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am new to bioinformatics and don't know any =
biological terms=20
but i have a good experience in computer programming.I really want to do =

something in to this field but cureently stuck that how should i=20
start.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Somebody gave me an idea to buy "Developing =
Bioinformatics=20
Computer Skills by Gibas and Jambeck".I did this and go through the =
whole book=20
but din't find anything by which i really understand what's =
bioinformatics all=20
about.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If there is only sequence searching then i think =
it's not a=20
big job and many peoples have already made some good tools for=20
that.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I can't understand where should i use our bioperl =
knowledge=20
and which type of programs i can develope with the help of these =
programming=20
languages.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hope all the great mind are here and got my=20
points.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Please help me and give show me a ray of light to =
help me out=20
from this darkness.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>thanks and regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Amit Kaushik</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C16EA7.AC591E80--