[Bioperl-l] Remote Blast question.

Mark Hoebeke hoebeke@versailles.inra.fr
Mon, 28 May 2001 17:47:05 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

needing to perform some remote Blasts, I looked at the Bio::Tools::Blast
documentation (and, the run_blast_remote.pl and retrieve_blast.pl example
scripts). It seems, the remote execution module is unable to retrieve any
Blast result, or even, achieve correct remote execution of the Blast
query. I thought I read somewhere that this module is no longer actively
maintained, and that the BPLite module was to be used to analyse Blast
reports.

Does this mean that managing remote execution is doomed due to too
frequent changes in the Blast query format ?
Or, is anyone working on the QBlast URL API, to keep this functionality in
bioperl ?

Of course, it is possible (probable ?) that I overlooked some part
of the Bio modules supporting remote execution.

Thanks for any comments/clues.

Mark

--
hoebeke@versailles.inra.fr	    		_/      _/  _/_/_/    _/_/_/
Tel : (+33) 01 30 83 33 62	   	       _/_/  _/_/    _/    _/