[Bioperl-l] Installation (was Notification: i...)

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Sat, 26 May 2001 12:36:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 May 2001, Saurabh D. Patel wrote:

> Thanks to all who replied to my previous question.  It's just as Todd
> Richmond said; I installed bioperl, saw the test fail, and didnt think
> to go to the tutorial for help.
>
> Now that my bioperl setup is working, I have another (newbie) question:
> given a genbank accession number/amino acid sequence, is there any easy
> way to get corresponding dna sequence?  I can think of a kludge where I
> tblastn to get it, but I was wondering if there is an easier way.  If
> one is browsing the ncbi entrez site, there are links on the page of a
> protein sequence that accomplish this.

see Bio::DB::GenBank, Bio::DB::EMBL.

> Also in an unrelated minor note, the online documents refer to
> Bio::Tools::Blast::Run::LocalBlast but do not have the current docs for
> ::StandAloneBlast.

I'll check but I believe they were not generated when we did the pod2html
for the website.  Will be on the todo list for the 0.7.1 release.