[Bioperl-l] Bio::SimpleAlign::slice()

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki@ebi.ac.uk
Fri, 18 May 2001 17:32:24 +0100

I've written a fittingly simple slicing method for SimpleAlign.
Please have a look and let me know if I have missed someting obvious.

I've committed the code and some tests to bioperl-live.

	-Heikki

=head2 slice

 Title     : slice
 Usage     : $aln2 = $aln->slice(20, 30)
 Function  :

             Creates a slice from the alignment inclusive of start and
             end columns.  Sequences with no residues in the slice are
             excluded from the new alignment and a warning is printed.
             Slice beyond the length of the sequence does not do
             padding.

 Returns   : a Bio::SimpleAlign object
 Args      : positive integer for start column
             positive integer for end column

=cut