[BioPerl-l] Bio::Seq->delete_SeqFeature missing?

Hilmar Lapp lapp@gnf.org
Fri, 11 May 2001 11:45:46 -0700

> ps What is the idealigocal diference between flushing all features and
> adding back the ones you like, and removing the ones you dislike, other
> than the encapsulation?

Flushing is atomic (on the Perl level). Important only in a
multi-threading environment though, which perl isn't (yet!) (but then
there is CORBA).

So, the ideological difference is zero, because there really is no
ideology in either case (for me). It just happened to become the
standard in bioperl, and it is a multi-threading safe one; so why not
stick to it.

	Hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp@gnf.org