[Bioperl-l] GenBank -> ACeDB

Eric Snyder SnyderEE@pbrc.edu
Mon, 07 May 2001 10:57:38 -0500

Howdy Folks,

I am looking for a new GenBank to ACEDB file converter.  I am currently using something written by Martin Ferguson in 1995 but it has not evolved with the Sanger chromosome-specific database models that I am using and it is generally showing it age.  I would think that using the Bio::DB::GenBank module I could probably write a cleaner version.  ...however, I am sure people much more talented than I have already addressed this problem.  Unfortunately, I have not found anything as of yet.  Suggestions?

Eric E. Snyder
Associate Professor
Pennington Biomedical Research Center
6400 Perkins Road