[Bioperl-l] Insanity of Swissprot parsing, take 2.

Hilmar Lapp hilmarl@yahoo.com
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 15:11:17 -0800

Ewan Birney wrote:

> (c) Inheriet a special SwissprotDbLink object. Like the
> "to_FTHelper" system for features an optional "to_DRLine" method could be
> detected and allow a object to present itself into the DR line as it
> wished (maybe we should have an internal mini-object representation of
> this line... hmmm...)
>
> I prefer (c) but I do wish we didn't have this problem. Hey ho! I guess
> this is the wonders of bioinformatics coming back to haunt us.
>
> What do other people think?

I don't know what the status of discussion with Wolfgang and
Henning is meanwhile, but in general something along c) sounds
best to me. According to Bryan's post this attribute seems to be
used even more commonly, so incorporating it into the object model
could be useful and clean at the same time.

	Hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                              email: hilmarl@yahoo.com
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                phone: +1 858 812 1757