[Bioperl-l] BOSC meeting announcement

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 22:55:45 +0000 (GMT)

    BOSC 2001 (http://www.open-bio.org/bosc2001/)

    We are pleased to announce that the Bioinformatics Open Source
Conference (BOSC2001) is now open for registration. Please see the
web site at http://www.open-bio.org/bosc2001/ for complete details.
Like last year, BOSC is running as a satellite meeting to ISMB, allowing
those traveling to Copenhagen to attend both meetings.

   KEY DATES:
   Deadline for BOSC registration	June 19, 2001
   BOSC2001				July 19-20
   ISMB tutorials			July 21
   ISMB main sessions			July 22-25

This year, BOSC will be organized around existing open source
bioinformatics projects such as Biojava, Bioperl, Biopython, EMBOSS and
others. The mornings will feature presentations drawn from submitted
abstracts. During the afternoons there will be a chance for collaborative
coding (desktop machines provided courtsey of Sun and there will also be
ethernet hubs), and the ability to have small, across-group meetings. The
leaders of most of the open source projects are expected to be there and
based on previous years we expect a good attendance of open source
bioinformaticians.

BOSC will be held in parallel with the BioPathways Consortium meeting
(see www.biopathways.org for more details). Close cooperation and joint
registration will allow attendees to participate in both events.