[Bioperl-l] NT install ?

Jurgen Pletinckx jurgen.pletinckx@algonomics.com
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:30:42 +0100

Following up on my own message...

# I just now installed 07 on an NT. If noone else steps forward,
# I'll generate a draft. Should I send it to the list, or straight
# to Chris, or ...?

Unless anyone objects (or unless Mathieu is quicker), I will send
an (ascii) version to the list tomorrow morning (CET).

# * can I uninstall bioperl so as to test the instructions?
# (Perhaps uninstalling ActivePerl will take care of the site-
# specific modules, such as bioperl, as well).

No, one needs to remove the perl\site directory manually, in
addition to an uninstall of ActivePerl. This is a feature.

# And a suggestion:
# If there is a way to get to http://bioperl.org/Core/external.shtml
# from the bioperl start page? The URL is in the README, as well as
# in bptutorial, but it could do with a bit more visibility.

Alternatively, I could do with some more neurons. Found it mentioned
on http://bio.perl.org/Core/Latest/ as "dependency page", which is
exactly where it belongs.

Jurgen Pletinckx
AlgoNomics