[Bioperl-l] ER proteins

Michael Myers myersm@mail.rockefeller.edu
Fri, 09 Mar 2001 12:57:28 -0500

>The Gene Ontology consortium has this kind of information:
>
>www.geneontology.org
>
>-Aaron

If you go to the Dowload page for LocusLink, you can retrieve a file which contains Gene Ontology (GO) and other useful annotation information for all locuslink entries.

    ftp://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/refseq/LocusLink/

In my neophyte manner, I wrote a perl parser for the LL_tmpl file to derive these numbers for the *human* LL entries:

(number of records containing data in any of the specified fields)

SUMFUNC     GO       EXTANNOT     Total Records
9071        7362     6703         19902

Browse the file to get a feel for what the SUMFUNC and EXTANNOT fields contain.

SwissProt is probably the only other good repository for sub-cellular localization, albeit with the obvious diminuition in total records available.

-- mpm