[Bioperl-l] Input a BLAST report as a variable, using Blast.pm.

David He david@cmmt.ubc.ca
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 15:39:30 -0700

Hi. I've only recently began using Bioperl, but I couldn't seem to find
the answer to my question in the mailing list archives so I thought I'd
ask here (please forgive me if this has already been dealt with before).
My question is this: When using Blast.pm, can I parse a blast report
that is stored in a perl variable instead of a file or STDIN? I tried
looking for a private member variable which might store the blast report
in Blast.pm but can't seem to find it. Could someone please point me in
the right direction on this one? Much thanks in advance.

Sincerely
David He