[Bioperl-l] Seq object creation - update?

Elia Stupka elia@ebi.ac.uk
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 18:23:37 +0100 (BST)

it's one of those to-do things that never quite got off because it's a
biggy and because in ensembl we do it the ensembl way, i.e. we have a
module to load genbank/embl genes into the ensembl schema... obviously you
are welcome to check it out, under cvs as usual.

The stuff is in modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/EMBLLOAD/. An Obj module has to be
initialised with a genbank/embl file, and then you can use get_Contig, and
get_all_Genes on a Contig object, or just get_Gene on the Obj directly.

Mail me if you want more info,

Elia

tel:    +44 1223 49 44 31
mobile: +44 7971 59 03 69