[Bioperl-l] how to determine if SeqFeature is attached to Sequence

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:29:05 -0400 (EDT)

Ewan's suggestion looks good - couple of other comments after perusing the
code:

a) Should Bio::LocationI seq_id should return the sequence id of the
   sequence it is attached to.  I know we create locations explicitly
   with seq_id when parsing a seq file that has a location which
   refers to another sequence, but should the default return the seq_id
   for the current seq?

   Bio::SeqFeature::attach_seq doesn't touch the location object.

b) seqname doesn't appear to get set when attach_seq is called - should
   it?  This would be a less computational way than testing if
   entire_seq() or seq() is null....

-Jason