[Bioperl-l] call for X-platform tests

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:35:59 -0400 (EDT)

I'm beginning to whittle down the bug list for the 0.7.1 release.

This is a call for anyone running Win32, Mac OS X, Tru64, *BSD
IRIXand/or perl versions 5.004, 5.00503, 5.6.0, 5.6.1 and any other funky
combo of perl and OSes.  We need all takers, but will only support
perl 5.004 and higher.

Of course the understanding when you start testing on your specific
platform is that you will be able to help debug and/or suggest fixes so
that we can actually find a workaround on that platform as we probably
won't have access to your machine type.

Please download a fresh checkout from the CVS repository and run the
tests.

% cvs -d:pserver:cvs@cvs.bioperl.org:/home/repository/bioperl -r branch-07 -d branch-07 bioperl-live
       ^^^ sub appropriately here if you have a dev account ^^

I will also begin to provide snapshots for tarball downloads as soon as I
think we have most of the bugs licked.

Anyone wishing to help with the release feel free to send a note to me
or at least mail the list so we know what you are working on.

-Jason