[Bioperl-l] help me please!!!

chris dagdigian dag@sonsorol.org
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:22:05 -0400

Brian,

I'm suprised you are having problems with Makefile.PL - our modules
install the same way that other CPAN style modules do:

$ perl Makefile.PL
$ make
$ make test
$ make install

Should be pretty simple...

Can you provide more information please? What version of perl are you
using? What operating system are you trying to install on? Do you have
write permission to the standard perl installation directory (you may
need to be root) etc. etc.

Perhaps you can cut and paste the output from your 'perl Makefile.pl'
and 'make test' actions?

-Chris