[Bioperl-l] Map Manipulation and Genetic Analysis

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:07:29 -0500 (EST)

Eric -

Heikki and I had batted around talking about MarkerI for describing
Markers which can be used to build maps.  I have some code that I am using
for some analysis which I am happy to donate when it is finished.  It
doesn't do much to represent maps other than assume that markers with the
same mapid are part of the same map (data is stored in db).  But I think a
good representation of Markers first and then Maps would be very good for
bioperl and those trying to bridge the gap between genetic analysis, maps,
and sequence based investigation.

-Jason